Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Cookie Time!!!

One of my very favorite things to do around the holidays is bake. I love baking cookies and trying new recipes. I've been wanting to plan a cookie exchange party the last few years, but havn't had the chance.


So, instead of a party, I would love to feature new cookie recipes here on From My Kitchen.


Here's how it works.

  • You send me your favorite cookie recipe.
  • A picture and/or story that you have to go along with it would be great too.
  • I will bake them and feature them on my blog.

So, to kick off my Featured Cookies,

Let me start with the Cinnamon Stars I made this morning.

***

I tried this cookie for the first time last year and served them at a holiday party. They were extremely easy to make and were a big hit at the party.

They are sweet but not overly sugary.

What I love most about this recipe is that it requires very few ingredients.

Cinnamon Stars

{Ingredients}

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2-3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/3 cup ground cinnamon

{Directions}

Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla.

Combine flour and cinnamon: gradually add to creamed mixture.

Cover and refridgerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. (Optional)

On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4 inch think.

Cut with small star cookie cutter, dipped in four.

Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-11 mins. Edges should be firm and bottom of cookies

lightly browned.

Cool and Enjoy!

Yields approx: 5 dozen


    ***
    If you are interested in submitting a cookie recipe to be featured, please leave a comment below. Looking forward to trying your cookies!!
    ***

Now,

how do I get these delicious cookies out the house?

I'll take them to church in the morning and share the yumminess.