Saturday, December 19, 2009

Featured Cookie

Another really easy treat. This one doesn't require any baking, just a quick spin in the microwave.
I've been making these for a few years, usually it's the kids who really like them, but the Hubs loves them.

I don't use an exact recipe but it's somewhere along these lines

Peppermint Bark

Ingredients
  • 40 squares of graham crackers
  • 1 1/2 cups of milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 4 crushed candy canes

Directions
  • Line your graham crackers on a cookie sheet
  • Melt the milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave, start at 45 secs, then 10 sec intervals until chocolate is smooth and creamy
  • Spread melted chocolate over graham crackers
  • Sprinkle crushed peppermint
  • Melt white chocolate in microwave
  • Drizzle over bark
  • Let cool completely, can be refridgerated to speed up cooling
  • Break into pieces

* I use a really big baking sheet, 40 crackers fits it perfectly, so you may need to adjust the ingredients according to the size of your pan
Also, I didn't have white chocolate, so I drizzled with cookie frosting.
Really Really Good.

Share the Sugar
Drop some off at your neighbors with a Christmas Card

5 comments:

  1. Looks great, I made peppermint bark snowmen last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so good! I did the cookie thing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you be around all those wonderful sweets? OMG that bark looks heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dangerous!! This looks SOOO good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish I hadn't read this post. i freakin' *love* peppermint bark. looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?